Established in 1881 when Kanteru Hattori opened a watch shop in Genza, Tokyo , Japan , the store was renamed "K.Hattori". Eleven years after the opening of the store, Kentaro manufactures watches under the name " Seikosha, which means "craft house craft", and according to the definition of the company, the meaning of the word Seiko, is "perfection" or "success.
SICO is the official provisional for a number of important sporting events such as:
- 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan, 1964
- 1978 FIFA World Cup in Argentina
- 1982 World Cup in Spain
- 1986 FIFA World Cup in Mexico
- 1987 World Athletics Championships in Italy , 1987.
- 1990 FIFA World Cup in Italy.
- World Athletics Championships 1991 in Tokyo, Japan, 1991.
- Summer Olympics 1992 , Barcelona , Spain, 1992
- 1994 Winter Olympics in Norway , 1994
- Winter Olympic Games 1998 in Nagano , Japan, 1998
- 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake , United States, 2002.