The Great Mosque of Sulaymaniyah, or called the Sheikh Ahmed Mosque (Kaka Ahmed Sheikh Mosque), is one of the mosques of Iraq's historical archaeological, and was built by Prince Ibrahim Pasha Baban in 1199 AH / 1784, and is the first mosque in Sulaymaniyah , founded in the city of Sulaymaniyah , and the shrine of Sheikh Ahmed, as Located in the center of the city in the Great Market, Sheikh Mahmoud Al-Hafid shrine was formerly built of milk and mud and was rebuilt in the years 1940, 1950 and 1968, and built of bricks with the same architecture and shape of the old building.The mosque contains an archaeological minaret built by order of Sultan Abdul Hamid Khan in 1297 AH / 1880 AD. Historical Cylinder built in 1230 AH / 1815 AD, where it was newly wrapped in ordinary bricks , and the area of ​​the mosque is 6000 m 2, and the mosque contains a chapel a large area of ​​space for more than 2000 worshipers, and on its side a room containing the tombs of the Babban families of Abdul Rahman Pasha, and on the north side of it Square long gallery chapel campus summer, and in his left g FH teachers and the library of large religious books containing valuable, has been expanded chapel at the hands of the merchant Abdullah, and in 1970 the renewal of the mosque of Mullah Mustafa Barzani. It is currently being rebuilt since 1431 AH / 2010, according to an architectural qualification in an Islamic style similar to the old one, with Islamic arches and development included the reconstruction of annexes and other annexes with the addition of the writing of Quranic verses inscriptions with the construction of a new mihrab